Gu Gu's Daily BS

reorganizing my iPod. reorganizing my photos. reorganizing my life!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Vista: Activation overkill

Vista's product activation part of the OS drives me crazy. I just upgraded my main C drive with a larger capacity hard drive. Used Ghost to copy the partition. Done deal.

Nope. After the second reboot, Vista is now asking me to reactivate the product. Now I am stuck because it won't let me use my CD Key (probably it was downloaded from my school's MSDN site and have one activation only).

Luckily, I found a CD version of Vista key at MSDN web site for me. So, I used it and it worked.

Be very careful with hard drive swap if you are using Vista and your license is similar to mine. This time, extra CD Key saved my sorry little behind but no more keys for me for the next time. Damn Vista.

1 comment:

Kyaw Moe Nyan said...

good to know that.